Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tom Friedman

I always enjoyed reading Tom Friedman's books. The World is Flat, The Lexus and the Olive Tree, etc. But this house of his is just shocking.
We have greed in this country. We have environmental problems caused by the over consumption of resources. We have an inequitable distribution of wealth. I try to do my part by living in a 950 sq ft house, with 100% of the electricity coming from renewable means, heating with a "green" pellet stove, using a manual mower, etc. I do this from choice, not economic necessity. And I contribute a reasonable percent of my income to Kiva.com, Children's Fund International, and other charities.

Why in the world does Friedman has a house like this?

http://pajamasmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2009/07/25/thomas-friedman-keeping-up-with-the-saudis/

No comments: