Sunday, May 31, 2009

Health Care

While watching the discussion between David Pouffle, Obama's campaign chairman, and Karl Rove, I heard David state numerous times that the objections of the Obama administration are: energy, education, and health care. This has natural appeal to many and there is much support. The more difficult decisions are the specifics of the programs. We are all for energy, education, and health care. With Obama's popularity, Congress will probably push some bill through Congress with little input or discussion. Maybe we will not even have the bill prior to the vote. So much for the transparency of the Obama administration.

http://hughhewitt.townhall.com/blog/g/522f386d-e0f9-4d2e-ba51-ccd2c24054df

Everyone in my family has all the health care that they want. Like the country as a whole, some of them don't want health care and have decided not to pay for it. They are young and healthy. Why pay for insurance that odds are you won't need. I don't pay for long term disability care. It is expensive. Maybe I will need it and regret not having it but that is my choice. And it forces me to watch my diet and exercise program.

If the US is going to have mandatory universal health care, please let it be a carefully thought out and discussed program. Let's not just rush something through to get something done.

No comments: